Thursday 16 June 2016

June 11 Beijing

Nigel Post


Currently sitting watching Shovel wring the neck of his laundry while in his underpants. I intend to institute a requirement that I should be allowed at least a coffee before I have to look at that. Following wrapping a shirt in the towel and then wringing it dry he then proceeded to hang up on the washing line a completely different dry shirt. This might be a long 6 weeks. Bright blue skies in Beijing and Shovel, this being his first time in China after 20 plus years in HK, is doubting what everyone else has ever told him about China’s dirt and pollution. 

Shovel Post:

Nigel objects to me having my clothes laundered by the hotel – he says it is decadent and bourgeoisie. I am therefore forced to suffer the ignominy of washing my shirt, socks and undies by hand. This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. However I am amazed at how quickly my super-light Rohan shirt dries – the wonders of modern technology. Then I realize that its actually today’s freshly laundered shirt I have just hung up to dry. Nigel titters at my error whilst writing his blog notes so I festoon my undies and socks around him on a makeshift washing line.

1 comment: